PageSuite Live Case Study: Using the Design Tool to Increase User Engagement
“We have seen an improvement in many key metrics since relaunching with the updated designs”
- PageSuite launched the first iPad and iPhone app for the London Evening Standard using PageSuite Live in November 2013.
- The app design was based on a series of templates which were crafted using the Design Tool.
- Templates were designed for device and were populated with live feed content, direct from the London Evening Standard website.
“PageSuite Live is an effective environment for creating, testing and refining app templates”
- Using over 12 month’s worth of app usage data, The London Evening Standard’s Mobile and Tablet team set about redesigning the app based on the new intelligence they had acquired.
- The app received a complete redesign, from the section templates to the article pages. New fonts were used and the menu was also updated.
- The supplements were made more prominent as the app’s home screen was redesigned to incorporate edition thumbnails.
In January 2015 the app was relaunched with a brand new design. Daniel Pape, Mobile Product Manager at The Independent, i and Evening Standard said; “PageSuite Live is an effective environment for creating, testing and refining templates for many reasons: The tools are powerful and allow you to translate designs into a functioning page very simply. Because publishing new editions is a quick process, you can set new designs live and test them on the device immediately. Because of these reasons and many more, we have seen improvement in many key metrics since relaunching with the updated designs”.